Sizing and Colour
Before we introduce you to our sizing and fitting information, we'd like to briefly mention the product colour. We've really tried our best to take photos that accurately capture each shirt, however the colours you see on your screen are not always the same as the real item. It depends on your screen and how it's configured, so we cannot give you a guarantee that your your screen displays colours in the same way as ours.
We fully understand that that sizing is a very personal thing and that maybe you prefer a looser fit or maybe you prefer to wear clothing that hugs your body, either way, we will always try our best to help you get the best size for you; after all, no one wants to receive something that doesn't fit!
For this reason (and we hope you won't mind), we will always try contacting every new customer to confirm sizing where possible.
Most of our women’s shirts are made in one of two fitting / sizing styles, a relaxed fit or a shaped, darted fit and the table below will hopefully help you determine the best size for you.
Women's Shirt Styles
Relaxed Fit Style – Sizes Small to 4XLarge
Our relaxed fit style shirts are designed with a very slight shape to the body, but without any darting and generously profiled sleeve. This fitting style fit has been a firm favourite for more than twenty years and can be found with the following sleeve lengths.
- Standard Long Sleeve - finished with a standard two button square cuff and approximately 25 ¼ inch / 64cm long sleeve (including the cuff).
- Classic Long Sleeve - slightly shorter than the standard long sleeve, but still finished with a standard two button square cuff; the sleeve is approximately 23 inches / 58 ½ cm long, including the cuff.
- ¾ Sleeve - designed to finish below the elbow and by far our most popular sleeve length in seersucker.
- Cap (Short) Sleeve - a neat short sleeve style with a decorative button tab.
Shaped, Darted Fit Style – Sizes 36 – 48
Designed for a more tailored, contoured fit, with darts front and back. These shirts Feature cocktail style cuffs that can be worn unfolded for a bit of extra length to the sleeve, or can be turned back to show off pretty cuff details.
Tunic Style Tops – Sizes 36 – 46
A casual style top that’s generously cut for a relaxed slightly oversized style.
Looking for a more personal sizing recommendation?
If you've not been lucky enough to have one of our items before and want a more personalised fitting, we really recommend you take a few minutes and carry out the following steps and then contact us with your sizing and we’ll help guide you to a size and style that will best fit you.
- Find the current favourite shirt, blouse or similar of the person you're buying for and lay it button side down on a flat surface.
- Get a tape measure and measure from the side seam under one armhole to the side seam on the other armhole; shown as measurement A below.
- Contact us with this information and we’ll recommend the size that we think will best fit. Please note that our products are all made by hand and as a result there may be some sizing variation between each item.
- You'll find more sizing information for each product within their listing; this can be found as the last photo for the product.